Friday, June 17, 2005

da dhan nas giorra

Hallo, a chairdean, tha mi a' togail dan dhaibh, nas giorra an-diugh, o chionns gu bheil mo chridhe gus briseadh on a bhith ag eisteachd ri Malcolm Middleton, co-dhiu seo iad

No death today, I've beaten back
The hordes who clamour for my doom
I can live just now in fortitude
My future scours away the gloom
Of depressions lies; there is no hope
Without them I needn't suffer
The joy of song it soothes my heart
And melancholy thoughts are buffered
By this phrase; I love you
That madness whispered in my ear
Brings solace to my lonely days
Even though she's disappeared
But maybe there is love withal
In delusion's fits of paranoia
The bonds of earth exist in time
And sing, chan eil thu ann, mo dhia

Tha gaol agam air an te bheag bhan sin fhathast, ach co-dhiu

The real comes out like a hydra
And nips at the heels of the meek
Who crucify all they can to regain
The reticence, the flesh is now weak
But all gods lie within them
And speak there of delights and urges
I wasn't raised by you my friend
I belong to others, no purges
Will save your pretty Stalinisms
The force of the West that imposed
My parents on me like the white man
The past of my heart is now closed

Tha gaol agam oirbh uile a eudailean, hee-hee
Cheers
Daibhidh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home